What is Amazon LTL?
Amazon LTL Shipping stands for Less than Truckload. It is a transportation method that take less than a truck space. Less than Truckload (LTL) mode sometimes is a great way to save money since multiple shippers sharing the same truck.
Amazon allows its partnered carriers to use this method to ship products from their warehouse to an Amazon Fulfilled Center. LTL can be the solutions for your business. The Less than Truckload Shipping method is a great option for businesses that have fewer than 12 pallets and over 150 lbs of cargo.
To track your LTL shipment, ForwarderOne provide a PRO number on our portal. This PRO can also be entered into your Seller Central system so that Amazon knows when do expect the shipment.
List of FBA warehouses that ForwarderOne uses Amazon LTL shipping
|LAX9, LGB8, ONT8, LGB6, LGB4, SNA4, SBD3, LGB9, SBD2, ONT2, ONT6, ONT9, KRB1, SMF3, LAS1, GYR3, SJC7, OAK3, SCK1, PHX3, PHX5, PHX7, GYR3, LAS6||LTL|
How to create a Amazon LTL shipment in Amazon Seller Central?
This section describes how to create a LTL shipment for products at oversea warehouse. And you are asking freight forwarder to send in the cargo directly to Amazon FBA warehouse.
- Go into your inventory and check the boxes next to the product(s) that you want to send in. Then, navigate to the action drop-down menu and select “Send/replenish inventory”.
2. On the shipment creation page, select the “Case-packed products” option. This will help minimize your chances of having multiple fulfillment centers for your product.
3. Click “continue to shipping plan”, enter the box configurations for the products. This will determine the number of boxes that each unit will be placed in.
4. In the next page, you tell Amazon how to “prep” your product. If your manufacture has already packaged the product for you, then you do not need to worry about these options. The option are default to “merchant prep”.
5. You will need to tell Amazon which company will apply the labels to the product. If you decide to apply yourself, click the Print label button. It will download a PDF file with the number of labels you need. In most cases, it is cheaper to do the labels yourself or ask the manufacturer to do it. If you choose Amazon, it will cost 0.20 cent per unit.
6. The next step is to review your shipment. It will tell you where it’s being sent. There are also options to name your shipment. Click “Approve & continue”, then you can work on your shipment.
7. After clicking “Work on Shipment” button, you will be promoted to the final steps of the shipment creation process. You will tell Amazon how the product be sent, Small parcel deliver or Less than truckload. If you are working with a freight forwarder and sending cargo from overseas directly, make sure you communicate with your freight forwarder about the shipping method.
In the previous section, I have listed all the FBA warehouse that ForwarderOne uses LTL shipping method. If your warehouses are in that list, please choose LTL option. And for Shipping carrier, pick “Other carrier” then Carrier as “Other”.
8. Enter box configuration. Then click on Generate box labels. Apply box labels to the boxes. If your product is still at the manufacturer, send the labels to the manufacturer and ask them to apply to the boxes. Once the shipment is sent out to your freight forwarder. You can click “Complete shipment”.
What is Amazon SPD?
SPD stands for Small Parcel Delivery. SPD consist of carton individually packed and sent. These cartons are usually smaller shipment size that are forwarded using UPS, Fedex and DHL.
Small Parcel Delivery has a limit of 200 boxes for partnered carriers and up to 500 boxes for non-partnered carriers.When using the Fulfillment Center, the only professional carrier that can make an appointment is Amazon. The carrier must have already registered with Amazon and is approved to deliver to the Fulfillment Center.
After creating the shipment, the available fulfillment centers will be generated based on the information that you provided. To select a carrier, pick the shipping carrier’s name in the dropdown list.